Assistant women’s basketball coach found dead in Irvine

In Campus News, Local News, News
Monica Quan
Monica Quan

An assistant coach for Cal State Fullerton’s women’s basketball team was found dead Sunday night in a parking structure in Irvine.

The bodies of assistant coach Monica Quan, 28, and her fiancee, Keith Lawrence, 27, were discovered by a passerby at around 9:10 p.m. in Lawrence’s car on the top floor of the structure.

Police said Quan and Lawrence are victims of a shooting that is being investigated as a double-homicide. There is no suspect information as of Monday.

There are no surveillance cameras in the high-end apartment complex at 2100 Scholarship where the couple lived.

Information on the official cause of death will be released when the autopsy is completed Tuesday.

Quan was in her second season as an assistant coach under Marcia Foster, head coach of the Titan women’s basketball team.

Quan began her career as an assistant coach for the Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks
at Cal State Long Beach, and had previously played two seasons with the 49ers from 2003-2005 before transferring to Concordia University in Irvine.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian