CSUF named in top 40 efficient colleges

In Campus News, Local News, News

Cal State Fullerton has been named one of the nation’s 40 most efficient colleges and universities, fourth in the west, according to U.S. News and World Report. The assessment was based on higher quality and lower costs expended per student.

Schools are measured on how much they spend per student on instruction, research, student services and related educational expenditures. The results are then factored by each school’s ranking on a list of best colleges.

“The less a school is spending relative to its ranking, the more efficient it is in producing a quality education among its peers,” said the U.S. News editors.

As well as these schools providing a high quality education, they also spend less than their peers.

The colleges on the list are doing a good job of “managing their financial resources relative to other schools that may have larger state funding, higher tuition, or larger endowments,” wrote Robert Morse, U.S. News and World Report director of data research, in his education blog.

Cal State Long Beach and San Luis Obispo were among the only three Cal State schools to make the list.

Cal State Fullerton softball sweeps weekend series against Hawaii

Cal State Fullerton softball was able to come away with a big weekend series win against Hawaii, sweeping the

Cal State Fullerton softball walks off in back-to-back wins over Hawaii

Cal State Fullerton softball was able to take both games of its doubleheader against Hawaii Saturday thanks to big

Cal State Fullerton softball stifles Hawaii in series-opening 5-0 victory

In the opening game of its weekend series against Hawaii, Cal State Fullerton softball was able to come away