Four dead, 2 wounded in shooting rampage

In News

Police chased a man suspected of killing four people and wounding two others across Orange County early Tuesday morning.

Ali Syed, 20, was identified by authorities as the suspect of the murders. Syed took his own life after being pulled over by police, according to the Orange County Register.

Loud noises were heard from Syed’s parents’ home in Ladera Ranch at 4 a.m. At around 4:45 a.m., a woman, who is yet to be identified, was murdered before Syed fled in his parents’ black SUV heading north.

Around 5:10 a.m., Tustin police responded to reports of a car theft where a witness was wounded. There, officers found the black SUV that was registered to Syed’s parents, the car he presumably escaped in.

Another carjacking was reported near the 55 freeway along Village Way, where Syed is suspected of killing the driver of a BMW before taking the vehicle.

Police searched the area for the armed suspect but eventually received reports of an armed gunman near Edinger and Newport Avenues who shot two people, one wounded and one dead.

Syed is then believed to have stolen a utility vehicle and traveled along the 55 freeway before being stopped by the police near Wanda and Katella in Orange. Syed then killed himself with a shotgun that was later retrieved at the scene.

“I killed somebody,” he allegedly told one of his victims, according to police. “Today is my last day.”

Syed was unemployed and attended Saddleback College, according to police.

Police Chief Scott Jordan said the motive behind the killings is not yet clear.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats