On solemn day, state honors fallen hero

In Local News, News, State News, Top Stories

funeral1_webA funeral was held on Wednesday morning for slain Riverside officer Michael Crain who authorities said was killed on duty last week by former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner.

The procession attracted more than 7,000 attendees, including California Gov. Jerry Brown.

At least a dozen helicopters circled the church, Grove Community Church in Riverside, during the procession.

Dozens of patrol cars and motorcycles trailed behind the hearse, escorted by two police cars, at around 8:30 a.m.

Crain, a former U.S. Marine, was buried at the Riverside National Cemetery.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz addressed the 34-year-old’s family at the service. Crain’s wife, Regina, as well as other friends of Crain’s spoke during the 90-minute funeral service.

The funeral also featured a slideshow with music including Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, according to the Press-Enterprise.

Crain’s partner was also shot but is expected to recover, according to authorities. His identity has not yet been released.

TitanCon attracts cosplayers and pop culture enthusiasts

The second annual TitanCon took place Saturday inside and around the Titan Student Union, but anyone unfamiliar with the

Thirteen thousand participate in 15th annual Donate Life 5K/1K Run/Walk at CSUF to support organ and tissue donations

Thirteen thousand people took to the CSUF Intramural Fields Saturday for the 15th annual “Donate Life 5K/1K Run/Walk and

Interactive event at CSUF commemorates the 25th anniversary of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots

Audience members sat with labels taped to their backs in the TSU Thursday. They were told to only interact