On solemn day, state honors fallen hero

In Local News, News, State News, Top Stories

funeral1_webA funeral was held on Wednesday morning for slain Riverside officer Michael Crain who authorities said was killed on duty last week by former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner.

The procession attracted more than 7,000 attendees, including California Gov. Jerry Brown.

At least a dozen helicopters circled the church, Grove Community Church in Riverside, during the procession.

Dozens of patrol cars and motorcycles trailed behind the hearse, escorted by two police cars, at around 8:30 a.m.

Crain, a former U.S. Marine, was buried at the Riverside National Cemetery.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz addressed the 34-year-old’s family at the service. Crain’s wife, Regina, as well as other friends of Crain’s spoke during the 90-minute funeral service.

The funeral also featured a slideshow with music including Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, according to the Press-Enterprise.

Crain’s partner was also shot but is expected to recover, according to authorities. His identity has not yet been released.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats