Gift cards offered in exchange for guns

In Local News, News, State News

Santa Ana residents exchanged guns and weapons for gift cards Saturday during the city’s first ever gun buyback event at the Santa Ana Bowl, according to NBC News.

The five-hour event operated in drive-thru style. Residents left their weapons in their trunk and then officers retrieved the weapons while the driver stayed in the car.

Police said the weapons will be destroyed.

Authorities offered $100 gift cards for handguns and rifles, and $200 gift cards for assault weapons. There is a $300 maximum per car.

The gift cards are for Northgate Gonzalez Market, Stater Bros, Target or Walmart.

Approximately 150 firearms had been turned in by 11 a.m. A 30-round magazine and a silencers were also netted.

Proof of Santa Ana residency was required to get a gift card. Non-residents could give up their weapons, but were not eligible for gift cards.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats