Gift cards offered in exchange for guns

In Local News, News, State News

Santa Ana residents exchanged guns and weapons for gift cards Saturday during the city’s first ever gun buyback event at the Santa Ana Bowl, according to NBC News.

The five-hour event operated in drive-thru style. Residents left their weapons in their trunk and then officers retrieved the weapons while the driver stayed in the car.

Police said the weapons will be destroyed.

Authorities offered $100 gift cards for handguns and rifles, and $200 gift cards for assault weapons. There is a $300 maximum per car.

The gift cards are for Northgate Gonzalez Market, Stater Bros, Target or Walmart.

Approximately 150 firearms had been turned in by 11 a.m. A 30-round magazine and a silencers were also netted.

Proof of Santa Ana residency was required to get a gift card. Non-residents could give up their weapons, but were not eligible for gift cards.

Thousands of people marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian