Hunt in progress for man suspected of killing CSUF assistant coach, others

In Local News, News

The multi-county police search for ex-Los Angeles Police Department officer Christopher Dorner, 33, continued Thursday night after a truck owned by Dorner was found torched Thursday morning in Big Bear, where police are now searching for the man door-to-door.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said Dorner is wanted for committing a series of crimes across Southern California, including the shooting deaths of a Riverside police officer, Cal State Fullerton assistant women’s basketball coach Monica Quan and her fiance.

Two other officers were injured, one critically, early Thursday in two shootings in Riverside County. Police have not yet released the names of the officers as of Thursday evening.

LAPD has established more than 40 protective details to guard officers named as “targets” in a document believed to have been written by Dorner that was posted on Facebook.

Dorner, who was also trained in combat as a former Navy reservist, is considered armed and dangerous.

A police badge and briefcase belonging to Dorner were reportedly found Thursday morning in San Diego, where a man matching Dorner’s description attempted but failed to steal a boat.

Quan, 28, was the daughter of LAPD Captain Randy Quan, who represented Dorner in an LAPD disciplinary hearing in 2008. She and her fiance Keith Lawrence, 27, were found dead in a car in an Irvine parking structure late Sunday.

Police believe Dorner is targeting law enforcement personnel as revenge for being terminated by the LAPD in 2009 following the result of a disciplinary hearing.

Police consider Dorner armed and dangerous.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian