Office super stores discuss merger

In News

OfficeMax and Office Depot are reportedly in talks of merging, according to the Wall Street Journal.

As of late Monday, talks of the two companies combining are in the advanced stages. An announcement could be made as early as this week.

A merge would assist the companies in increasing their profitability and shareholder value through cutting costs, closing stores and boosting clouts with suppliers.

Office Depot, based in Boca Raton, Fla., has about 1,675 stores worldwide. OfficeMax, based in Naperville, Ill., has about 900 stores throughout the U.S. and Mexico.

Since the merger report Monday, the companies’ shares soared early Tuesday morning. OfficeMax shares increased by 25 percent, and Office Depot shares rose by 16 percent, according to the Chicago Tribune.

If the two chains merge, competition could increase between the combined company and other companies like Walmart, Amazon.com and Staples—the largest office supply chain store in the U.S.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian