Jury convicts man in 90 minutes

In Local News, News

A jury in Orange County convicted a Santa Ana man of first-degree murder in just ninety minutes Wednesday, according to the Orange County Register.

Agustin Armaraz Espinoza, 58, was convicted of the crime following his tearful testimony that he had been drinking heavily when he struck his wife with a tripod. The altercation took place after his wife asked him to move out.

The prosecution said Espinoza had lost nearly $100,000 gambling, had an affair which his wife knew about, and had pawned jewelry belonging to the family.

Espinoza’s defense claimed that he was not himself the night of the murder. He claims he acted on impulse.

Deputy District Attorney Mike Murray shot down this defense because Espinoza had cleaned his hands and the crime scene and disposed of the evidence.

He faces a maximum sentence of 25 years to life. His sentencing is scheduled for May 17.

Cal State Fullerton tennis suffers season-ending loss to Hawaii in Big West Championship semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team’s record-setting season came to a close with a 4-1 loss to

Cal State Fullerton baseball holds off UCI in 14th straight home win

FULLERTON – After a tough series loss to Cal Poly, No. 14 Cal State Fullerton baseball bounced back with a

Cal State Fullerton tennis knocks off CSU Northridge to move onto Big West semifinals

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team survived a close back-and-forth with Cal State Northridge to move on to