Teen wounded in Santa Ana shooting

In Local News, News

A teenage boy was shot at about 9:13 p.m. Saturday in Santa Ana, leaving him hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries, according to the Orange County Register.

Santa Ana Police responded to the shooting in the 4800 block of McFadden Avenue where they found the child wounded.

The teenager was reportedly walking down McFadden Avenue when two men in a Nissan pickup truck slowed down next to him.

The passenger got out of the vehicle moments later and fired two shots at the victim, striking the young man in the lower torso, said Commander Larry Coleman of the Santa Ana Police.

Authorities are not yet sure of the motive behind the shooting.

The victim was unable to provide police with a physical description of the attackers.

Witnesses with information about the suspects are asked to contact the police. The two men were reportedly last seen heading eastbound on McFadden Avenue.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics