Wall Street indexes high on confidence

In National News, News, World News

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index closed yesterday at its highest level in five years in light of recent big tech retail companies Office Depot and OfficeMax negotiating a merger, showing off signs of high confidence among investors and consumers alike.

Also on Wall Street, the Nasdaq rose to its highest level in 12 years, climbing about 100 points, or .66 percent on the day, also reflecting a revival in consumer confidence the market has been lacking in recent years.

According to Bloomberg, the S&P 500 Index surged 0.7 percent to 1,530.94 at the close of the market in New York. The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 53.91 points, or 0.4 percent, to 14,035.67. Both indexes closed at their highest levels since October 2007.

The S&P 500 Index is an price index compiled by 500 of the United States’ leading companies that rises and falls based on a number of economic indicators.

Search for next CSUF president will begin after other CSU president searches conclude

Framroze Virjee replaced Mildred García as the President of Cal State Fullerton on Jan. 1 after his predecessor was

Technology amplifies unhealthy relationship practices

People love to point fingers, find someone to blame to make themselves feel less guilty and play victim; perhaps

‘Den of Thieves’ takes the heist genre into a new realm

Few in American history have pulled off the perfect heist, like the leader of the “Wild Butch Gang,” Butch