Wall Street indexes high on confidence

In National News, News, World News

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index closed yesterday at its highest level in five years in light of recent big tech retail companies Office Depot and OfficeMax negotiating a merger, showing off signs of high confidence among investors and consumers alike.

Also on Wall Street, the Nasdaq rose to its highest level in 12 years, climbing about 100 points, or .66 percent on the day, also reflecting a revival in consumer confidence the market has been lacking in recent years.

According to Bloomberg, the S&P 500 Index surged 0.7 percent to 1,530.94 at the close of the market in New York. The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 53.91 points, or 0.4 percent, to 14,035.67. Both indexes closed at their highest levels since October 2007.

The S&P 500 Index is an price index compiled by 500 of the United States’ leading companies that rises and falls based on a number of economic indicators.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian