Anaheim General Hospital to close

In Local News, News

Anaheim will lose 142 hospital beds upon the closure of Anaheim General Hospital in May, according to the Orange County Register.

The hospital nearly closed two years ago after a loss of federal funds.

A memo was distributed to employees two weeks ago after the hospital’s owner, Pacific Health Corp., was cited more than $7 million from a variety of financial misdeeds including failure to pay wages.

Employees have been given 60 days notice of the May 23 closure.

The hospital was cited $16.5 million last year for billing the government for unnecessary treatment on Skid Row homeless.

In late 2010, the hospital was able to restore the federal funding that was pulled from it the year before. Six months later, however, the hospital was losing money every month and was put up for sale.

The closure comes at a time when county hospitals are preparing to serve more patients due to provisions

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian