BRIEF: Costa Mesa man sets himself on fire

In Local News, News

A man is recovering from third-degree burns he suffered after setting himself on fire following an argument with his estranged wife at Creative Nails & Spa in Costa Mesa, according to the Orange County Register.

After the couple argued, the man sat in a puddle of liquid in the middle of the floor, a customer of the salon said.

The man then proceeded to light himself on fire as the customer called the fire department.

The salon owner’s brother used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, while employees used towels to help stop the flames.

A customer said the man is the store owner’s husband and that the couple is going through a divorce.

A representative for the Costa Mesa police department called the situation a domestic dispute.

The inside of the salon had minor damage from the incident, police said.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian