BRIEF: Convicted rapist sentenced to death

In Local News, News

A male inmate received the death penalty today in Santa Ana for a 2007 murder, according to the Orange County Register.

Waymon Livingston, 29, was sentenced to death over life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murder in addition to the rapes of three women and the aggravated assault of another during a two-year crime spree.

Livingston’s sentence is the second death penalty verdict in Orange County this year.

Deputy District Attorney Howard Gundy, said Livingston showed no remorse for his actions, and felt pleasure from humiliating the victims he attacked.

“The depravity of this man … is absolutely astounding,” Gundy told the Register.

Defense attorney Gassia Apkarian said that Livingston grew up in a terrible environment, a mother with four children that she could not handle, and an absent father.

Livingston was first arrested on Oct. 11, 2007 by Anaheim police after forensic examiners analyzed evidence from three rapes and matched genetic material left at the crime scenes to him.

He was later linked to the murder of Ana Gonzalez whose body was found in an Anaheim motel in 2007.

Thousands of people marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian