Ex-school board member gets 14 years for pimping

In Local News, State News

A former Moreno Valley Unified School District Board member was sentenced to 14 years in prison Friday for conducting a prostitution operation from his house Friday, according to ABC 7 Los Angeles News.

Mike Rios was convicted Feb. 8 on 23 counts of pimping, pandering and insurance fraud.

Deputy district attorney Michael Brusselback had initially requested Rios to serve a total of 26 years in state prison, but the judge decided on 14 years and four months instead.

“I think this reflects that this sort of behavior by public officials will not be tolerated in Riverside County,” said Brusselback.

Rios had not shown any remorse throughout the trial, and that he believes that the charges brought against him were politically motivated, according to Brusselback.

He is also facing two attempted murder charges in a separate case involving firing a gun at several people following a bar fight, and is expected to be back in court for that case in April.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian