Ex-school board member gets 14 years for pimping

In Local News, State News

A former Moreno Valley Unified School District Board member was sentenced to 14 years in prison Friday for conducting a prostitution operation from his house Friday, according to ABC 7 Los Angeles News.

Mike Rios was convicted Feb. 8 on 23 counts of pimping, pandering and insurance fraud.

Deputy district attorney Michael Brusselback had initially requested Rios to serve a total of 26 years in state prison, but the judge decided on 14 years and four months instead.

“I think this reflects that this sort of behavior by public officials will not be tolerated in Riverside County,” said Brusselback.

Rios had not shown any remorse throughout the trial, and that he believes that the charges brought against him were politically motivated, according to Brusselback.

He is also facing two attempted murder charges in a separate case involving firing a gun at several people following a bar fight, and is expected to be back in court for that case in April.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics