Homeowners guilty of negligence

In Local News, News

An Orange County jury found a homeowners association guilty of negligence for not resolving an issue between neighbors at a Trabuco Canyon condominium over a smoke dispute.

The family had to move out of the condo and rent a unit elsewhere because of secondhand smoke since it was affecting their young son’s asthma condition.

The jurors awarded a family $15,500 split two ways, $6,000 for economic damages and $9,500 for emotional distress. The condo association and management failed to ensure the non-smoking family’s right to the enjoyment of their own unit.

The verdict was part of a growing trend of non-smokers in California complaining to homeowners associations, filing lawsuits and trying to stop smoke from entering their apartments and condominiums by appealing to city councils.

California Assemblyman Marc Levine, a San Rafael Democrat, filed a bill that would eliminate smoking in condominiums, apartments and duplexes. It will be aimed at secondhand smoke but would not

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian