Disney representative explains sales and marketing strategies

In Campus News, Local News, News
Robert Huskey / Daily Titan
Mark Ryan, vice president of affiliate marketing, strategy and planning for Disney and ESPN Media Networks, talks to students in the TSU Pavillion on Monday. (Robert Huskey / Daily Titan)

Mark Ryan, vice president of affiliate marketing, strategy and planning for Disney and ESPN Media Networks, discussed sales and marketing tactics used by Disney on Monday at the Titan Student Union.

During the presentation, Ryan spoke about the campaign launched by Disney called “Watch Disney Channel” where apps stream the Disney channels live. He said the apps are available in Apple products and will be open to Android devices in the future.

Ryan also went into depth about marketing points such as the agenda, product introduction and demos.

Videos were shown throughout the presentation to show the audience different strategies.

Ryan, who has 25 years of experience in sales and marketing, has worked for Disney Media Networks for four and a half years.

His focus is creating license agreements with television networks and distribution.

Ryan mentioned that events and discussions can be used as stepping stones in attaining their goals. He also encouraged attendees to have the desire to keep learning.

“I am almost 50 and I am still learning something every single day,” said Ryan.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded