No changes made for lead poisoning

In National News, News

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has no plans to amend the standards it has for protecting children from lead poisoning, in spite of many calls to action from advisors, according to USA Today.

The standards, which were last revised in 2001, are said to neglect many dust and soil regulations that are too high for children and are not being changed in a timely fashion.

Because the EPA’s standards are used as gauges for home and yard inspections, USA Today reported that there could be possible opposition from the home renovation and real estate industries.

Rebecca Morley, executive director of the National Center for Healthy Housing, said that consumers have a “right-to-know” because things are being assessed by antiquated standards that are no longer applicable.

The EPA is said to be reviewing the lead standards, but any changes will not be made until several years from now.

Cal State Fullerton Men’s Basketball optimistic entering Big West Conference play

Following a 99-56 blowout win over Bethesda, Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball enters conference play looking primed for success.

New dean of library appointed

Cal State Fullerton has appointed Clement Guthro to fill the new position of dean of the library for the

Concert Review: “Deck The Hall”

The annual ‘Deck the Hall’ event at Cal State Fullerton was the true definition of holiday spirit. As seats