No changes made for lead poisoning

In National News, News

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has no plans to amend the standards it has for protecting children from lead poisoning, in spite of many calls to action from advisors, according to USA Today.

The standards, which were last revised in 2001, are said to neglect many dust and soil regulations that are too high for children and are not being changed in a timely fashion.

Because the EPA’s standards are used as gauges for home and yard inspections, USA Today reported that there could be possible opposition from the home renovation and real estate industries.

Rebecca Morley, executive director of the National Center for Healthy Housing, said that consumers have a “right-to-know” because things are being assessed by antiquated standards that are no longer applicable.

The EPA is said to be reviewing the lead standards, but any changes will not be made until several years from now.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded