No changes made for lead poisoning

In National News, News

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has no plans to amend the standards it has for protecting children from lead poisoning, in spite of many calls to action from advisors, according to USA Today.

The standards, which were last revised in 2001, are said to neglect many dust and soil regulations that are too high for children and are not being changed in a timely fashion.

Because the EPA’s standards are used as gauges for home and yard inspections, USA Today reported that there could be possible opposition from the home renovation and real estate industries.

Rebecca Morley, executive director of the National Center for Healthy Housing, said that consumers have a “right-to-know” because things are being assessed by antiquated standards that are no longer applicable.

The EPA is said to be reviewing the lead standards, but any changes will not be made until several years from now.

Over a thousand marched through Downtown Fullerton for nationwide March for Science

Over a thousand people marched through Downtown Fullerton Saturday as part of the nationwide March For Science. Marchers filled

Fullerton Arboretum hosts annual Green Scene Plant and Garden Expo to fundraise for educational programs and upkeep

Classic guitar music played throughout the Fullerton Arboretum as visitors viewed garden related booths, artwork and new plants at

CSUF Indian Student Association hosts seventh annual culture show at Hope University

Dressed in an array of colorful traditional clothing, students from CSUF and other colleges and organizations performed high-energy Indian