Sewage spill in Huntington Beach

In Local News, News

Peter’s Landing Marina in Huntington Beach will be closed to divers and swimmers until further notice due to a sewage spill that has contaminated the water, according to the Orange County Register.

A failure in a sewage line at the Peter’s Landing Plaza adjacent to the marina was the cause of the leakage and is believed to be attributed to a lack in proper drain cleaning, which led to a buildup of debris.

County officials are expected to test the water today to determine the levels of bacteria present and how dangerous they are to those who come into contact with the water.

The county Environmental Health Division advises people to stay away from bodies of water that are close to storm drains and says that elevated bacteria levels can linger up to three days after a rainstorm.

Homeless struggle living on the Santa Ana riverbed

Dozens of the 4,452 homeless people in Orange County are living in tents strung along the Santa Ana River

Indivisible CA D-39 rallied on CSUF campus to support the National Endowment for the Arts

CSUF College of the Arts students performed at a rally Wednesday to encourage Titans to write to their legislators

Fullerton Planning Commission approves amendments to benefit property owners

The Fullerton Planning Commission approved new housing amendments Wednesday regarding Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) in a 4-3 vote. An