Unions resist TSA ruling on knives

In National News, News

Unions and other groups representing federal air marshals and flight attendants said they will ask the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to reconsider its move allowing airline passengers the option to carry small knives aboard U.S. flights, according to CNN.

The change, which will take effect April 25, will allow passengers to possess items such as golf clubs, pool cues and knives with blades shorter than 2.36 inches. The blades may also not be more than half an inch wide and may not lock into place. Razor blades and box cutters remain banned.

The bans on pocketknives and various sporting equipment, seen as potential weapons, were spurred by the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Some experts have recently suggested that new security improvements since the attacks have made such strict prohibition on certain items unnecessary, according to CNN.

TSA head John Pistole said the revision realign the U.S. with international carry-on regulations, according to CNN.

CSUF baseball faced the TCU Horned Frogs to kick off the MLB4 Tournament in Scottsdale, Arizona

CSUF baseball topples TCU in MLB4 tournament opener

In MLB’s inaugural game of the MLB4 Tournament, Cal State Fullerton baseball kept Texas Christian University at bay behind