Syed linked to final shooting victim

In Local News, News

Court documents have linked suspected shooter Ali Syed to his final victim, a 26-year-old Fullerton man, through phone records, according to the Orange County Register.

The shooting spree that spread across four cities in Orange County two weeks ago began at the suspect’s home in Ladera Ranch and ended in Tustin.

The case is currently under investigation, led by Tustin police detectives.

Detective Colton Kirwin reported that the final victim, Jeremy Lewis, received a phone call from Syed requesting him to meet him in the Tustin parking lot where he died after being shot twice with a shotgun.

Authorities have not released any more information as to the extent of Syed’s connection or relation to the first victim, Courtney Aoki, 20, who was found dead in Syed’s parents home at 4:45 a.m.

Authorities are still investigating the random pattern Syed set to killing some victims and letting others go.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics