BRIEF: CSUF hosts iCare Fun Run this weekend

In Fall Sports, Fitness, Sports

In order to promote health and community, Titan Recreation will be hosting the third -annual iCare Fun Run this weekend.

The event will be taking place this Saturday on the Cal State Fullerton campus. Check-in for the event begins at 7:15 a.m.

It features a 5K run/walk, youth 1K and pancake breakfast after the event at the Student Recreation Center (SRC). The 5K will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the youth 1K will start at 8:45 a.m.

The iCare Fun Run is the final event of the campus’ Earth Week activities. All participants will receive an event T-shirt and complimentary use of the SRC after the event.

Registration for the event is open to students, faculty, staff and members of the Orange County community. Student registration is $15, SRC member registration is $18 and all other interested participants will pay $20. For the youth 1K event, registration is $10 for children 14 and under.

“The iCare Fun Run is not only a fun campus event … but a great event for the community as well,” said Scott MacLeod, Membership and Guest Services Coordinator. “The fun run course takes you all over campus, so it is an opportunity to explore Cal State Fullerton in a very unique way.”

For more information or to register for the event, visit ASI.Fullerton.edu/iCareFestival or contact Macleod at (657) 278-3978.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of