Tennis outed in quarterfinal match

In Sports, Spring Sports

The Cal State Fullerton women’s tennis team (11-14 overall, 4-5 in Big West) was unable to get past No. 4 seed Hawaii as they went down 4-1 to conclude the Big West Women’s Tennis Championship quarterfinal at Indian Wells Tennis Garden on Friday.

It took everything the Rainbow Wahine had for them to grab the all important doubles point. After being defeated at the No. 1 spot, the Titans were able to rebound and get the win at the No. 3 spot. Martina Kostalova and Rebecca Faltusz of Hawaii established the doubles point when they defeated Morgan McIntosh and Kalika Slevcove, 8-4, at the No. 2 spot.

The Rainbow Wahine were able to extend their lead to 2-0 as Kostalova dominated en route to a 6-1, 6-0 victory against Slevcove at the No. 3 spot. CSUF got on the board with a singles win at No. 1 as Tiffany Mai breezed to a 6-2, 6-2 win against Xenia Suworowa.

Faltusz was able to give Hawaii a 3-1 lead in the match as she defeated Rebekah Ermac 6-2, 6-3. The match ended at the No. 5 spot when Daguio won a three-set game against Megan Sandford 6-2, 0-6, 6-4.

CSUF’s 11 wins this season were the most victories for the tennis program since the 2004 team finished 12-10.

For more information, visit FullertonTitans.com.

Lecturer Eric Canin to return to CSUF following investigation into misconduct

Anthropology lecturer Eric Canin will return to teach at Cal State Fullerton this fall after Arbitrator Jan Stiglitz concluded