CSUF student, a former Army officer, reported missing

(Courtesy of Cal State Fullerton)
(Courtesy of Cal State Fullerton)

Updated on May 7, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

A Cal State Fullerton student and former Army sergeant has been missing since Thursday, authorities said.

Maribel Manriquez Ramos, 36, of Orange, was reported missing on Friday. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are suspicious, according to a statement by the Orange Police Department.

Ramos, a criminal justice major, served eight years as an Army officer in South Korea and Iraq, according to the university.

She gave a presentation on transitioning from the military to student life at a conference by the College Board to promote diversity in education in Chicago on Wednesday afternoon.

Ramos was also a member of CSUF’s Veterans Student Services and had post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the university.

On Saturday, Ramos was recognized as a graduating veteran at the university’s annual Veterans Appreciation Night. She was scheduled to give a speech on behalf of the graduating class but was not present to give the lecture.

She is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 2 inches and 130 pounds, according to police. She has a star tattoo on her shoulder and an Aztec symbol on her back.

According to a post on CSUF’s Student Veterans Association Facebook page, Ramos was last seen at her home Thursday afternoon.’

A Facebook group “Find Maribel Ramos” has been set up and has approximately 70 likes as of Tuesday afternoon.

Students are told to call the Orange Police Department with information regarding Ramos or her whereabouts at (714) 744-7403.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics

• Hi Tim, I think this is breaking news, especially because she’s a student. May I suggest you move this article up into the slider on the Home page? Also, add in a reference and hotlink to the Facebook Page referred to in the comment from Hidy. – thanks, MaryAnne (former DT staffer)