Quiksilver gives tour, advice to business students

In Campus News, Local News, News

Quiksilver, Inc. opened the doors of its global headquarters to Cal State Fullerton business students Wednesday, giving them a look at “real-life” work experiences at the surfwear manufacturer.

The trip was organized by the Mihaylo Career Services which provides resources to undergraduate and graduate business students including one-on-one career advising, workshops and programming, and employer relations.

Hema Paliwal, employer relations associate for the center led students to Quiksilver. Paliwal builds partnerships with employers, brings them to campus and connects them to the students.

He said the center makes an effort to organize visits to companies such as Quiksilver to give students an idea of what it is like to work there.

Students went behind the scenes to talk to professionals at Quiksilver about their roles at the company, as well as what they look for in applicants and interns.

“Hearing about retail marketing and internships is really big for me because that’s what I want to get into; I definitely want to get an internship to set myself up for graduation,” Baileey Kernaghan, a business major, said.

The group of 25 business students talked with Mysun Dean, the director of application development and marketing systems expert.

A typical day at work for Dean starts with a team meeting to discuss what everyone is working on.

Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics