Quiksilver gives tour, advice to business students

In Campus News, Local News, News

Quiksilver, Inc. opened the doors of its global headquarters to Cal State Fullerton business students Wednesday, giving them a look at “real-life” work experiences at the surfwear manufacturer.

The trip was organized by the Mihaylo Career Services which provides resources to undergraduate and graduate business students including one-on-one career advising, workshops and programming, and employer relations.

Hema Paliwal, employer relations associate for the center led students to Quiksilver. Paliwal builds partnerships with employers, brings them to campus and connects them to the students.

He said the center makes an effort to organize visits to companies such as Quiksilver to give students an idea of what it is like to work there.

Students went behind the scenes to talk to professionals at Quiksilver about their roles at the company, as well as what they look for in applicants and interns.

“Hearing about retail marketing and internships is really big for me because that’s what I want to get into; I definitely want to get an internship to set myself up for graduation,” Baileey Kernaghan, a business major, said.

The group of 25 business students talked with Mysun Dean, the director of application development and marketing systems expert.

A typical day at work for Dean starts with a team meeting to discuss what everyone is working on.

Hundreds of thousands march in Los Angeles and Orange County following inauguration

Hundreds of thousands of people attended women’s marches in Los Angeles and Santa Ana last weekend to promote

Former governor Michael Dukakis talks political policies at CSUF

(Photo by Katie Albertson / Daily Titan) Michael Dukakis, a professor, former three-term Democratic Massachusetts governor and the Democratic

Cal State Fullerton’s first female black president dies on New Year’s Day

(Photo courtesy of CSUF) Cal State Fullerton’s first black female president Jewel Plummer Cobb died at the age of