Vehicle intentionally driven into Langsdorf Hall

In Campus News, Multimedia, News, Videos

This story was updated on Nov. 4 at 1:00 p.m. to include more information.

(Samuel Mountjoy / Daily Titan)
(Samuel Mountjoy / Daily Titan)

A 21-year-old male from Garden Grove intentionally crashed his car into Langsdorf Hall and fled the scene at around 11:30 p.m. on Friday night, said University Police Captain John Brockie.

Eyewitnesses estimated that the car was traveling between 60 and 80 miles per hour when it struck the curb at the Nutwood Avenue intersection.

The car went over the curb and ran through citrus trees and two light poles before colliding with the building and catching fire. The small fire was extinguished by University Police officers and firefighters from the Fullerton Fire Department.

The driver, who is not a Cal State Fullerton student, fled the scene and was followed by witnesses. He was apprehended by University Police at Dan Black Hall and taken to UC Irvine Medical Center for psychological evaluation and to treat lacerations that required stitches.

University Police Sgt. John Bedell could not verify whether or not alcohol was a factor. It is not yet clear if the driver will be charged with a crime.

No passengers were present in the vehicle.

(Samuel Mountjoy / Daily Titan)
(Samuel Mountjoy / Daily Titan)

The vehicle had heavy damage on its front end, all airbags were deployed and every window appeared to be shattered. Oil and gas spilled onto the sidewalk where Langsdorf Hall and Steven G. Mihaylo Hall meet.

There appeared to be no structural damage to the pillar that was struck, Bedell said.

Workers from the Environmental Health and Instructional Safety department were on the scene to deal with live electrical wires exposed by the downed light poles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIgZcveXjVE

CSUF baseball faced the TCU Horned Frogs to kick off the MLB4 Tournament in Scottsdale, Arizona

CSUF baseball topples TCU in MLB4 tournament opener

In MLB’s inaugural game of the MLB4 Tournament, Cal State Fullerton baseball kept Texas Christian University at bay behind