CSUF men’s soccer appoint George Kuntz as new head coach

In Multimedia, Sports, Video

Cal State Fullerton’s Athletics Director Jim Donovan formally announced George Kuntz as their eighth men’s soccer head coach in the program’s history during a press conference Monday afternoon at Titan Stadium.

Kuntz previously served as head coach of UC Irvine for the past 19 years and brings with him a 319-217-64 record over his 26-year-career. In the past six years, Kuntz lead the Anteaters to four NCAA tournament appearances and four Big West Tournament Championships (2008, 2009, 2011, 2013). Kuntz has won Big West Coach of the year honors three times (2001, 2006, 2008).

Last season he lead the Anteaters to the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament where they were downed by eventual College Cup runner-up and the No. 5 ranked Maryland Terrapins. During the 2011 season, the Anteaters were ranked as high as No. 8 in the nation and compiled a 16-6-1 record that season.

Kuntz replaces Bob Ammann, who served at the helm of the program since 2006. Kuntz takes over a team that had 16 incoming players to start last season. The team finished 6-11-1 last season and failed to qualify for the Big West Conference tournament.

Prior to his UCI tenure, Kuntz served as head coach of the Cal Lutheran University men’s soccer team and the Pepperdine women’s soccer team.

For more information on the CSUF men’s soccer team and all Titan Athletics, go to FullertonTitans.com.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller briefing President Barack Obama about the Boston Bombing

Mueller report finds no evidence of Trump conspiring with Russia

The investigation of President Donald Trump and his campaign led by Robert S. Mueller III was released Sunday. The report

Editorial: From Michelle Obama to Malala Yousafzai, women deserve to be recognized

As a nod to Women’s History Month, it is important to have this special women’s issue to remind everyone

A drawing of alexandria ocasio-cortez with two other women standing behind her and a flag also with the symbol for female is behind them

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a powerful presence in politics

The Democrats have a new media darling worthy of the spotlight: New York House of Representatives member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,

One commentOn CSUF men’s soccer appoint George Kuntz as new head coach

• George Kuntz is interested in one thing – George Kuntz.

Any HS senior or JC transfer considering Fullerton should think, more than twice – and then consider every other school/option. Anyone considering Fullerton, with any ability to contact any current player (or alum) at UCI should make that call and get first-hand facts re: how Kuntz treats players, and how Kuntz has an interesting way of treating “facts”. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE COMMITTING TO PLAY FOR GEORGE KUNTZ.

Think long and hard before committing to Fullerton…. long… and hard.