Titans Aloha State bound

Chante Miles, Samantha Logan and Hailey King listen intently as Head Coach Daron Park draws up a play during a timeout. (Winnie Huang / Daily Titan)

The Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball team will embark on a two-game road trip this weekend. The Titans (8-13, 4-4 Big West) are coming off a disappointing blowout loss to Cal State Northridge.

The Titans open up their road trip against UC Davis (10-12, 5-4 Big West). The Aggies are coming off an overtime loss to UC Irvine. The Titans and Aggies met earlier this season when the Aggies won 69-67 in an overtime thriller at Titan Gym.

In their previous matchup, both teams had four players score in double figures. The Titans were led by senior guard Alex Thomas who scored 23 points and shot 50 percent from the field. Thomas had a season-high four steals and two blocks in that game.

The Aggies were led by sophomore forward Alyson Doherty. Doherty, an El Toro High School alumna, scored 15 points while shooting 50 percent from the field. She also had a game-high eight rebounds and four assists. Junior forward Sydnee Fipps scored 15 points of her own along with six rebounds.

The Titans were outrebounded by the Aggies 44-25. The Titans’ leading rebounder in that game was junior forward Kathleen Iwuoha with five. The Aggies were led by Doherty, who had eight rebounds, and sophomore forward Celia Marfone, who had 10 points and a team-high two steals.

The Aggies had 24 turnovers in that game compared to the Titans’ 13. The Titans had 25 points off those turnovers compared to the Aggies’ six. The Titans hope to capitalize on the Aggies’ mistakes again and rebound better Thursday at The Pavilion.

The Titans will travel across the Pacific Ocean to play Hawai’i on Saturday night. It is the first meeting between the two teams this season. Since their arrival in the Big West last season, Hawai’i is 1-2 against the Titans.

The Rainbow Wahine (11-10, 5-4 Big West) currently sit in fourth place in the conference. They are led by senior forward Kamilah Jackson who averages 15.6 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game. Her shooting has been efficient with 51 percent and 40 percent from the three-point line. Jackson was first team All Big West last season and is making a case for her second straight selection.

Hawai’i is also led by sophomore Destiny King. An alumna of Long Beach Poly, she has picked up her game in Big West play. She is averaging 9.4 points per game and 7.6 rebounds per game in conference play.

The Rainbow Wahine lead the Big West in scoring defense with 64.7 points allowed per game. They also lead the conference in defensive rebounding percentage. They are the best rebounding team in the Big West, a category the Titans have struggled in lately.

CSUF freshman Samantha Logan had a team-high nine rebounds against Northridge while Iwuoha, who leads her team in rebounds with 6.8 a game, struggled with only three.

The Titans will face a challenge in scoring against the vaunted Hawai’i defense. They will look to Thomas, who has led the team in scoring for seven games in a row. She had a career-high 24 points last week in the Titans’ comeback victory against UCR.

They hope to get more offense out of junior guard Chante Miles who has been cold lately. She failed to score in double figures during the Titans three-game homestand, and she hasn’t had a 20-point game since Jan. 3 against Denver.

With a pair of victories this weekend, the Titans can move their 3-4 away record to a winning mark.

For more information on the CSUF women’s basketball team and all Titan Athletics, go to FullertonTitans.com.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller briefing President Barack Obama about the Boston Bombing

Mueller report finds no evidence of Trump conspiring with Russia

The investigation of President Donald Trump and his campaign led by Robert S. Mueller III was released Sunday. The report

Editorial: From Michelle Obama to Malala Yousafzai, women deserve to be recognized

As a nod to Women’s History Month, it is important to have this special women’s issue to remind everyone

A drawing of alexandria ocasio-cortez with two other women standing behind her and a flag also with the symbol for female is behind them

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a powerful presence in politics

The Democrats have a new media darling worthy of the spotlight: New York House of Representatives member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,