Arizona band RadioDriveBy to play at Becker

In Arts & Entertainment, Music
RadioDriveBy will be performing a set of their original songs as well as covers of popular hits at the Becker Ampitheater from 12 to 1 p.m. today. The Arizona-based band will also be performing at Chain Reaction in Anaheim on April 5. They are currently finishing up their new album. Courtesy of RadioDriveBy
RadioDriveBy will be performing a set of their original songs as well as covers of popular hits at the Becker Ampitheater from 12 to 1 p.m. today. The Arizona-based band will also be performing at Chain Reaction in Anaheim on April 5. They are currently finishing up their new album.
Courtesy of RadioDriveBy

RadioDriveBy, an up-and-coming pop/rock band from Phoenix, Ariz, is coming to Southern California this week and will be playing at the Becker Amphitheater Wednesday.

Trent Clark and Evan Yuen, who grew up in Phoenix, and Adam Simons, originally from Tucson, met while rounding up people to perform a cover at their local church.

“We all clicked really well, and eventually we had more members join to form what is now RadioDriveBy,” Clark said.

Clark, 21, is the lead vocalist. Yuen, 19, alternates between drums and bass. Simons, 22, plays guitar and sings backup vocals. They say they have a lot of influences from every genre and try to incorporate that into their music.

The band’s music repertoire, which consists of both cover songs and original songs, is derived from much of their musical influences such as Jimmy Eat World, Third Eye Blind and Taking Back Sunday.

“We’re always working and thinking ahead of how we can be better and reach more people. We’ve been doing everything on our own thus far, and have taught ourselves how to navigate the industry and the many parts of being in (and running) a band,” Simons said.

RadioDriveBy is most concerned with connecting to their current fans, as well as to people that listen to their songs for the first time.

“We take the time to connect with our fans and the people who are out there supporting what we are doing,” Clark said. “I think too many artists don’t take the time they need to appreciate those people, but without them we would have nothing.”

Of all the places they’ve had a chance to perform at, they said they really enjoyed playing in the Philippines last year.

Clark said the band travels about every other week for shows, depending on its tour schedule. If they’re recording in the studio, they will usually focus their efforts on that instead.

“We always love doing college shows and meeting a bunch of students. We’re very excited. It’s always nice to get out to California and go to the beach too,” Simons said.

Yuen said they plan on playing a very wide variety of songs for their Cal State Fullerton audience, ranging from original tracks to covers and acoustic songs.

The band is currently finishing up a new album they’ve been working on for the past year. They don’t want to announce anything yet, but will be releasing new music soon.

Their latest single, “Go All Night,” is available now on iTunes, Spotify and other online music stores.

Clark said the musical journey has been incredible. “I love being able to put my art in the world! It’s a really great feeling.”

The band agreed that the best parts about being in a band are meeting new people, traveling and most importantly, playing and performing music. They hope to see new faces at their show this week.

You can check out RadioDriveBy at Facebook.com/RadioDriveBy, on Twitter and Instagram at @RadioDriveBy and via the RadioDriveBy YouTube channel.

RadioDriveBy will perform at Chain Reaction in Anaheim on April 5. Check them out Wednesday at the Becker Amphitheater from 12 to 1 p.m.