Pop-Up concert series brings Tegan and Sara to Orange County

In Arts & Entertainment, Music
Internet radio station Pandora partnered with local Southern California Lexus dealers for a four-part concert series. Tegan and Sara will headline the last concert of the series at the Orange County Fair and Event Center on Nov. 19. Courtesy of Lindsey Byrnes
Internet radio station Pandora partnered with local Southern California Lexus dealers for a four-part concert series. Tegan and Sara will headline the last concert of the series at the Orange County Fair and Event Center on Nov. 19.
Courtesy of Lindsey Byrnes

Canadian indie pop/rock duo Tegan and Sara are bringing their eclectic sound to Orange County with the final installment of the Lexus Pop-Up Concert Series powered by Pandora.

In a September press release, Pandora announced its plan to host a free, four-part pop-up concert series to exclusively connect top artists with their biggest fans.

To make the series happen, Pandora partnered with local Southern California Lexus dealers.

“Pandora is continually creating new ways to deliver custom events that provide unique opportunities for established and emerging artists to connect with their fans,” said Tommy Page, head of music partnerships, in the press release.

Tegan and Sara’s music has consistently blended acoustic, folk, electro pop and rock for a sound that has created a cult following. The duo has played together for 13 years.

Outspoken, but not obtrusively political, Tegan and Sara are known for their socially conscious LGBTQ advocacy and fan visibility.

With over 1 million career albums sold and collaborations with DJ Tiesto, David Guetta, The Killers and Neil Young, their cross into mainstream has only reaffirmed their fans’ loyalty.

Close communication with fans on social media and at events has catapulted their career. They have gone from performing in small indie settings to international concerts. Heartthrob, their latest studio album delivers synth-pop, catchy lyrics and danceable beats for a cohesive fan experience.

The 21-and-over event will take place Nov. 19 at the OC Fair and Event Center in Costa Mesa. Admission is free, but is on a first-come, first-served basis with RSVP. A registration link is available on Stubhub.com. However, registering doesn’t guarantee entry, but it is encouraged. Royal treatment for fans attending the concert include a limited-edition event poster, onsite Instagram prints and a viewing of the featured Lexus vehicle.

Recent shows of the Lexus Pop-Up Concert Series include MAGIC!, Nico & Vinz and Kongos.

“The Southern California Lexus dealers have partnered with Pandora to develop an innovative Lexus Pop-Up Concert Series that crosses genres to engage with tech-savvy music-lovers,” Michael Bevan, general manager of the Lexus western area said in the press release.

Invitations to register for the concerts were shared with a particular group of Pandora listeners who liked the artists on the app and liked similar songs to the artists performing. Invitations were also shared publicly by media partners.

Tickets are limited, however fans can RSVP for the event by visiting boxoffice.stubhub.com/event/LexusPopUpTeganSara. A valid photo ID is required for entry.

Fans can join in on the concert conversation with the hashtag #LexusPopUpConcerts.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel / Courtesy of Amazon Studios

Review: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” reaches new heights

The social conservatism in New York during the 1950s only makes Miriam “Midge” Maisel much more marvelous as she

(Danielle Evangelista / Daily Titan)

NCAA disapproves of Marijuana usage for rehabilitation purposes

For student-athletes in college, the ability to use marijuana as a way to help heal themselves during the course

Concept art for new virtual reality experience coming to College of the Arts.

College of the Arts plans to convert a student hotspot into Virtual Reality room

The Department of Visual Arts cell block nestled between animation classrooms 185 and 189 in building E has not