Tuesday downpour dumped more than an inch of rain on campus

Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 8.20.57 PM
Source: CSUF Weather

More than an inch of rain fell on campus Tuesday in the third day of the first major rainfall since April, according to Cal State Fullerton Weather data.

Rain drizzled steadily since about 8 a.m., dumping more than a third of an inch of rain just before noon with an equally large downpour around 3 p.m.

Rain is expected to continue through Wednesday night with the downpour tapering off Thursday. Friday is expected to be sunny, according to the National Weather Service. It may rain again next weekend.Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 8.21.24 PM

Even with the downpour, drought conditions in California are expected to persist. As of Monday, 95 percent of the state is still in a severe drought, but rainfall did boost water levels in key reservoirs, according to a State Water Contractors press release.

Still, the state would require 1.5 times the average rainfall this year to recover from the drought.

Sandbags can be picked up from 312 E. Commonwealth Ave. Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 8.21.42 PMScreen Shot 2014-12-02 at 8.20.40 PM

CSUF women’s soccer dominates USD in 3-0 win

Now one game away from conference play, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer shut out the University of San Diego

CSUF men’s soccer ends nonconference play with 1-0 win over UNLV

Cal State Fullerton men’s continued to roll with its third win in its last four games with a 1-0

ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the