Open casting call looking for neighborly Titans

In Arts & Entertainment, Film & TV, Theater & Arts
Auditions will be held at two separate times on Wednesday in the Titan Student Union for the Good Neighbor Campaign project. (Stephen McGlade / Daily Titan File Photo)
Auditions will be held at two separate times on Wednesday in the Titan Student Union for the Good Neighbor Campaign project.
(Stephen McGlade / Daily Titan File Photo)

Everyone can appreciate a good neighbor every now and then.

Cal State Fullerton will be hosting an open casting call in partnership with the Associated Students, Inc. Community Engagement Coalition for students to appear in short episodes for the Good Neighbor Campaign project, which sprouted from a conversation between CSUF and the Fullerton community.

CSUF was receiving minor complaints about issues that students may or may not have been intentionally causing, like parking and trash, Community Engagement Coalition Director Claire Kim said.

After weeks of brainstorming, the Community Engagement Coalition came up with the idea of doing a short video series, in hopes of relaying these messages with our student body. The campaign is designed to create responsibility in every college student and spread an awareness of being a “good neighbor.”

In a college neighborhood and community, there will always be interactions between college students and non-student residents. This blend can lead to conflicts, which may or may not be issues such as littering, partying and parking. This series of videos is aimed towards helping college students keep the harmony between themselves and their neighborhood.

“As a student, whether they might live on campus or off campus, there is an expectation to live by the common values, and ultimately, to behave as a good neighbor,” Kim said.

Those who feel they have what it takes to show Fullerton neighbors their good side and represent CSUF can come to the casting call Wednesday. No acting experience is required, just a love for Titan pride.

“We’re looking for fun, enthusiastic college students who are willing to volunteer their time for this campaign,” Kim said.

The cast will be made up of three main characters (1 non-student neighbor & 2 college neighbors), and additional side characters.

There will be one male neighbor between the ages of 28-35, who will play the main hero of the story. This character will provide the audience with some laughs as well as knowledge.

The first college neighbor, a male between the ages of 21-22, will play the antagonist turned good-guy hero. He will begin as the typical party-crazed college student uninterested in anything but throwing huge parties on the weekends.

He’ll be the typical handsome, social guy who is also smart and sophisticated.

The second college neighbor, a female between the ages of 21-22, will play the best friend of the first college neighbor, and will also help him turn over a new leaf.

She’ll help him become a leader to the neighborhood. She likes to party, too, but also values respect and resourcefulness.

Other side characters (college students) will be casted as well.

These characters will participate in a scene, a college house party and will have little to no dialogue.

For more information on the Good Neighbor Campaign project, email the Community Engagement Coalition at [email protected] or call (657) 278-3295.