CSUF indoor track and field sets school records

Cal State Fullerton set two more program records Saturday at the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Indoor Track and Field Championships, held at the University of Washington.

Sophomore Ty’Jalayah Robertson and senior Tejera Dial broke their own school records in the high jump and 800-meter run, respectively.

Robertson tied Sandy Gonzalez’s school record of 5 feet 5.75 inches in the high jump Jan. 30-31 at the UW Invitational, but she took sole possession of first in the Fullerton history books with a jump of 5 feet 7.25 inches in Seattle.

Dial previously set the school record in the 800-meter run at the Husky Invitational in February with a time of 2:14.43 seconds. She bested her previous time by almost a second, clocking in at 2:13.67 seconds.

Junior Jessica Flores also had an 11th place finish in the weight throw on Friday. Her throw of 16.97 meters set a new personal best for the Fresno native.

“Overall, the girls performed well against great competition,” Head Coach John Elders told fullertontitans.com. “Ty’Jalayah’s high jump was so exciting, as she had a couple great attempts at 5-foot-9-inches. Tejera really competed well against top competition and Jessica threw a big personal record in the weight throw on Friday. I think the indoor season is a strong indicator that we’re going to have a strong year outdoors.”

The Titans will next compete at the NCAA Indoor Championships in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The two-day event begins March 13 and concludes March 14.