Discussion to provide information on how technology can improve business

In Local News, News

A pair of successful Internet and business leaders will offer their expertise to Fullerton residents today during a seminar on how to use technology to grow a small business.

Manish Bhardia, founder and CEO of IT consulting firm Adeptek, and consultant Eric Klauss will host a three-hour workshop titled, “Modern Biz: Time to Look at New Technology to Reduce IT Costs and Grow” at the Fullerton Public Library.

The workshop is catered to small business owners seeking help with a variety of issues, including mobility and presentation problems. The focus, though, is on how technology can aid in the expansion of businesses while cutting costs.

Giving back to the community was a role he particularly enjoyed, Bhardia said.

“It’s not part of the job, but part of the Microsoft Community Connection,” Bhardia said. “And part of that is to educate organizations like schools (and) Fullerton.”

“Microsoft Community Connection helps connect local business organizations with Microsoft Partners to educate small businesses on how current technology solutions can help them operate more efficiently and empower them to grow their business,” according to the Microsoft Community Connections webpage.

Bhardia has been involved in the workshops since 2013, and said his focus is on the business development for his company.

“The company specializes more on the custom solutions and these custom solutions could be on the cloud technology or could be on the enterprise-based custom programming like integration work or desktop software or mobile applications,” he said.

The library holds a business workshop about once a week, except for the holiday season, when there is not much activity, said Tim Mountain, Fullerton Library’s Adult Services division manager.

“It is open to the public, it’s free and they do take walk-ins as well,” Mountain said. “So, we try to accommodate everyone we can. I’m not aware that we’ve ever had to turn anybody away.”

Registration is at 9:30 a.m. and the seminar will begin at 10 a.m. The workshop is open to the public and interested parties can register through the workshops section of the website Score114.org.

This is a photo of a girl who is talking in a microphone to an audience.

Purple Tea Party fundraiser raises awareness on epilepsy

With a personal connection to epilepsy, the current high school Miss California, Grace Edwards, created Talent for Epilepsy, a