Journaling relieves stress and promotes healthy living

2827519863_a5d0d29254_zAfter a long, stressful day, it might feel necessary to call up a friend and vent. Another option is to write in a journal to express some of the more uncomfortable feelings that can’t be shared with others, and can’t be expressed through another outlet.

No one can keep his or her emotions bottled up inside all the time. Write those thoughts and feelings down somewhere, let them out and move on.

Writing is a great way to establish self-reflection, and enhances not only writing skills, but verbal communication skills as well.

Journaling is an ancient tradition thats dates as far back as the 10th century in Japan. Some of the most successful people in history have kept journals, such as Oscar Wilde and Andy Warhol. There is a significant amount of evidence that supports the idea that journaling having a positive impact on physical and psychological well-being.

Psychologist and researcher James Pennebaker of the University of Texas told PsychCentral that journaling on a daily basis strengthens immune cells, called T-lymphocytes. Pennebaker believes that writing about stressful events not only helps you come to terms with them, but reduces the impact of these stressors on your physical health.

When people pick up a pen, they choose to free their minds and relieve any stress, happiness or worries. Writing is excellent for your health because it’s never good to keep all your feelings inside, especially when they aren’t positive feelings. For that, it’s always good to feel like there’s something to depend on in moments of sadness or frustration, and writing can be that support.

When you express yourself through words, it can be extremely cathartic. It’s a great platform to release your innermost thoughts and feelings, without judgement or expectations. Keeping a journal is a great way to track emotional growth over time. It’s nice to look back at old journal entries and laugh about the silly matters that held such importance. Not only is writing a great way of seeing how far you’ve come, it’s a reminder that time can heal everything.

To get started on your journal journey, just pick up a pen, write freely, daily and without limitations. The best writing comes from being censor-free and expressing every thought thoroughly. Over time you will find that your journal is in fact your best friend, holding no judgment on your deepest feelings and secrets.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller briefing President Barack Obama about the Boston Bombing

Mueller report finds no evidence of Trump conspiring with Russia

The investigation of President Donald Trump and his campaign led by Robert S. Mueller III was released Sunday. The report

Editorial: From Michelle Obama to Malala Yousafzai, women deserve to be recognized

As a nod to Women’s History Month, it is important to have this special women’s issue to remind everyone

A drawing of alexandria ocasio-cortez with two other women standing behind her and a flag also with the symbol for female is behind them

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a powerful presence in politics

The Democrats have a new media darling worthy of the spotlight: New York House of Representatives member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,