U.S. is ready for a female president

Hillary Clinton's progressive thinking sets her apart from other candidates. If she becomes president, she will help pave the way toward gender equality within our nation.  (Courtesy of Flickr user Keith Kissel)
Hillary Clinton’s progressive thinking sets her apart from other candidates. If she becomes president, she will help pave the way toward gender equality within our nation.
(Courtesy of Flickr user Keith Kissel)

Since Hillary Clinton recently announced her candidacy for the 2016 U.S. presidential election, there have been many articles and discussions regarding why a woman isn’t fit for the White House.

This is Clinton’s second time running for presidency since her 2008 presidential election run. Clinton clearly has the appropriate qualifications and experience to run for president, but many are giving her an automatic disapproval simply because of her gender.

Clinton is a worthy presidential nominee. Initially known as a former First Lady, Clinton  has climbed up the political ladder to serve as a U.S. Senator and most recently as Secretary of State. She’s now creating her own wave of political reform by spearheading a new era of great possibilities by running for president.

CEO of Go Ape Marketing in Dallas, Cheryl Rios, has recently created controversy with a Facebook post stating, “Yes, I run my own business but that is not the same as being president, that should be left to a man. A good, strong, honorable man.” Cheryl’s antiquated Christian beliefs maintain that only men are leaders and should therefore lead a nation because women are much more hormonal and erratic than men.

This kind of thinking is unacceptable in this day and age. With this kind of negativity and objection towards Clinton’s presidential campaign, it’s easy to forget just how much necessary change and equality she could bring to the White House. The fact that she could be the first female president is historic, but her choice to implement much discussion and significance upon gender equality and marriage equality is what sets her apart from other candidates.

Her open-minded reasoning and affinity towards the oppressed is what this nation needs in a leader. Spreading love and acceptance, instead of hate and discordance among citizens of this nation is something we’ve overlooked for much too long.

If you’ve been keeping up with Clinton’s campaign, you know she plans to solve current issues on equal pay and equal rights. This is the kind of platform that will progress our country to its greatest potential. Clinton’s work resume and life experiences make her an exceptional presidential candidate. She deserves a shot at leading our nation, just as much as any male candidate. She can lead this nation into a triumphant path and shouldn’t be inequitably judged simply by her gender.

One commentOn U.S. is ready for a female president

• My problems with Hillary Clinton have nothing to do with her gender. My problems have to do with her track record. The email debacle, I don’t think someone that can’t handle carrying around two phones should be leading our country. Yeah, big deal, e-mails, but by not using that government e-mail address, she can go through and show the government whatever e-mails she wants to and delete all the ones that would get her in trouble. It’s ironic that there’s an article on transparency in this same issue. Talk about no transparency. Getting to pick and choose what e-mails the public sees while being a public servant is pretty sketchy to me.

Then there’s the income inequality. She’s giving CEO’s a hard time for making “too much” money. This is pretty rich coming from someone that makes more than a lot of CEO’s. She also stated she was “poor” after leaving the white house when her husband was president. They were really scraping those pennies together going back to their three homes.
    At this time, I don’t think love and acceptance is the highest priority from our leader. We need to be a country that is respected by the rest of the world. I’d like to be able to see the age of 50. I really don’t want to be blown off this planet by a nuclear bomb. Every country in the world sees our weakness right now and is taking advantage of it. Russia sure doesn’t think we’re a threat anymore and Iran probably thinks this whole nuclear talk is a joke. They’re going to do whatever they want, a written deal isn’t going to stop them.
    I don’t think Hillary Clinton is the right woman for the job. There’s a woman out there that is, but it’s not her