CSUF police arrests 50-year-old man for suspicion of theft

Campus police officials arrested a 50-year-old man for suspicion of theft Saturday, May 9, according to a University Police news release.

Minh Van Nguyen of Las Vegas, Nevada is suspected of stealing a woman’s purse in the Pollak Library at Cal State Fullerton in April and using two of the woman’s credit cards to make about $500-worth of fraudulent purchases, University Police Captain John Brockie wrote in the release.

University Police detective Paul McClain, who investigated the theft and charges, acquired a photo of the suspect fraudulently using one of the victim’s cards at a Target Store in Cerritos and found that he matched the description of a suspect in other campus thefts, Brockie stated.

The victim of the theft, who was also shown a photo of the suspect from Target, identified Nguyen on campus on May 9 and called CSUF police officers, who then arrested the 50-year-old in the Pollak Library, according to Brockie’s release.

After further investigation, university police officials discovered Nguyen had driven a stolen car from Cal Poly Pomona to campus to allegedly commit more thefts and that UC Riverside and Chapman University also have pending criminal cases against Nguyen, Brockie stated.

Nguyen’s arrest closed three open CSUF police cases, Brockie stated.

A white outline of the Pollak Library against a red backdrop

Former CSUF library dean Clem Guthro alleges university made false claims and misrepresented facts behind his firing

Former library dean Clem Guthro said Cal State Fullerton fired him without warning and berated him for holding up

Titans baseball team celebrate

CSUF baseball wins series, crushes Hawaii 8-0 at home on Sunday

After second baseman Hank LoForte predicted that Cal State Fullerton baseball would come out “on fire” following Saturday night’s

Champ, a black and white medium sized dogs, poses in his wheelchair

Barks of Love is bringing back Bark Bash to give dogs another chance at finding a home

Although the number of animals euthanized in shelters has decreased from 2011, 1.5 million cats and dogs are euthanized