Strategic Communications to name new point of contact for Daily Titan reporters

Chris Bugbee, director of media relations, has for years been the primary point of contact at CSUF for the Daily Titan and other reporters.  In a meeting Thursday, Vice President for University Advancement Greg Saks said a new person henceforth be working with the Daily Titan. It is not clear at this time who that new person will be or if the change will apply to all media outlets.
Chris Bugbee, director of media relations, has for years been the primary point of contact at CSUF for the Daily Titan and other reporters. In a meeting Thursday, Vice President for University Advancement Greg Saks said a new person will henceforth be working with the Daily Titan. It is not clear at this time who that new person will be or if the change will apply to all media outlets. (Courtesy of CSUF)

In a meeting with Daily Titan editors Thursday, Vice President for University Advancement Greg Saks revealed that Christopher Bugbee will no longer serve as the Daily Titan’s point of contact within Strategic Communications media relations office.

Bugbee, the director of media relations who has been with the university since 2007, has come under fire recently from Voice of OC, OC Weekly and the Daily Titan for the way he interacts with the media.

The change comes on the heels of a previous meeting to discuss the April 23 Daily Titan editorial “Transparency? Not at CSUF.” Saks and the Associate Vice President for Strategic Communications Jeff Cook met with Daily Titan editors twice in the past month to discuss solutions to problems pointed out in the editorial.

The editorial criticized the university at-large and specifically Bugbee for his long history of poor treatment of students and delaying reporting efforts by reporters on-and-off campus.

It has not been determined who will now serve in place of Bugbee, Saks said.

This is a photo of a girl who is talking in a microphone to an audience.

Purple Tea Party fundraiser raises awareness on epilepsy

With a personal connection to epilepsy, the current high school Miss California, Grace Edwards, created Talent for Epilepsy, a