Veronese Gallery Café serves tasty dishes with a charming ambiance

In Columns, Opinion
Downtown Fullerton’s Veronese Gallery Café is an excellent place to relax with a cup of coffee or meet up with friends for a study date. The charming café serves classic American fare along with Korean dishes such as spicy barbecue pork and kimchi ramen. (Jackie Tambara/Daily Titan)

Very few places have the right qualities for a great study café. Some are loud and crowded and many don’t have the best food. Veronese Gallery Café is the notable exception and goes above and beyond the typical Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

Tucked away and disguised as a house on Commonwealth Avenue, Veronese Gallery Café is a true hidden gem in downtown Fullerton. Whether you’re looking to eat, study or just relax with a cup of coffee, it’s the perfect spot to unwind.

Parking and entering the café is a breeze. There’s an entrance on Commonwealth Avenue as well as behind the establishment. Parking is ample near both entrances. Upon entering the café, you’re instantly greeted with a peaceful and serene ambiance.

The café is large and spacious, with a blissful atmosphere that consists of unique greenery, and flowers planted throughout the premises. Succulents, cacti, intertwining vines and luscious plants permeate the café grounds. A flowing waterfall display with small fish creates a soothing sound of running water near the back patio. Adding to the ambiance, there are different types of abstract art displayed throughout the café. Statues, figurines, three dimensional art and paintings make for a vibrant visual experience.

Both indoor and outdoor seating is available. There are even a few separate study rooms, which are great for group projects or hanging out with friends. The tables, chairs and eclectic furniture provides a lot of character. The floral print table cloths and cushions create a feeling of being at home. The music is always easygoing, tranquil and in tune with the mellow vibes of the café.

As if the ambiance wasn’t enough, the food and drinks at Veronese Gallery Café are always fresh and delectable. The food is always on point and cooked with fresh ingredients daily. The service is friendly and efficient. The homemade spaghetti dish will give any Italian grandmother a run for her money. It comes topped with a layer of baked cheese and a choice of meat or seafood marinara sauce. It includes a choice of either a side salad or a drink, including smoothies, slushies, teas and iced or hot coffee.

One of the most popular coffee drinks is the Korean-styled coffee. It’s the perfect fusion of  sweetness, yet retains a solid roasted coffee flavor. On a hot summer day, an iced Korean coffee is wonderfully refreshing, while the hot version is perfect for the winter.

The café also serves Korean-style dishes such as spicy barbecue pork with rice. It tastes exactly like a homemade Korean plate; very authentic. From the serene ambiance and the eclectic furniture, to the tasty dishes and satisfying coffee, Veronese Gallery Café is the whole package. Consider this a must-stop the next time you’re looking for a place to relax, unwind and enjoy some tasty bites.

Downtown Fullerton’s Veronese Gallery Café is an excellent place to relax with a cup of coffee or meet up with friends for a study date. The charming café serves classic American fare along with Korean dishes such as spicy barbecue pork and kimchi ramen.

CSUF men’s basketball optimistic about chances in Wooden Legacy Tournament

Heading into the Wooden Legacy tournament at Cal State Fullerton this Thanksgiving, Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor will be