CSUF Fall theater season kicks off with a wide variety of dazzling offerings

In Arts & Entertainment, Dance, Music, Theater & Arts
The Fall semester offers a wide variety of plays, musicals, dance performances and concerts. There's no better way to spend an evening than enjoying these talented showcases.  (Yunuen Bonaparte/Daily Titan)
The Fall semester offers a wide variety of plays, musicals, dance performances and concerts. There’s no better way to spend an evening than enjoying these talented showcases. (Yunuen Bonaparte/Daily Titan)

It’s the start of another semester, which means there’s plenty to look forward to this fall season. CSUF has a dedicated team of students who put on a carefully chosen selection of classic and modern plays, musicals and art performances for all to enjoy.

If attending a play or dance performance is something new, there’s no better time to try it. Students can purchase discount tickets on every performance offered.

Running Sep. 25 to Oct. 18 is Dancing at Lughnasa, an Irish play by dramatist Brian Friel. Set in the summer of 1936, the play follows the family drama of the Mundy sisters as they search for love in rural Ireland. Directed by Sarah Ripper, and winner of the Tony Award for “Best Play” in 1992, Dancing at Lughanasa promises a frollicking, free-spirited good time.

Just in time for the Halloween season, Carrie: The Musical runs from Oct. 16 to Nov. 1. Based on the bestselling novel by horror kingpin Stephen King, Carrie: The Musical takes the tale of supernatural teen, Carrie White, and brings her horrific story to the stage. Carrie is a high school outcast who discovers she’s gifted with telekinetic powers. She uses those powers to exact revenge on all those who have wronged her, leaving a trail of bloodshed and disaster. Directed by James R. Taulli with musical direction by Mitchell Hanlon and choreography by William F. Lett, this horror show is the perfect way to open the Halloween season.

Spotlighting the talented dancers at CSUF is the Fall Dance Theatre showcase, running from Nov. 12 to Nov. 22. Viewers will be treated to an exhibition of some of the finest dancers and choreographers at CSUF, demonstrating the range and depth of some of CSUF’s hardworking student artists.

Ringing in the holiday season and closing out the Fall 2015 semester is Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. Running November 20 to December 13, this classic tale of a Christmas scrooge rekindling the warmth and love in his heart has been dazzling audiences for over a century. Inspired by the 1951 classic film and directed by Jeremy Lewis, this heartwarming play will be sure to melt the heart of any Titan looking for some holiday cheer.

Whether looking to get involved on campus or searching for a fun weekend activity, consider checking out the excellent productions put on by fellow Titans. It’s a great night out full of fun, magnificent performances and riveting storytelling.

Members of the Womens Club of Fullerton discuss new charities that they are going to support and help fundraise for at their monthly meeting.

The Women’s Club of Fullerton serves local community

When Pallavi Patel saw the Women's Club of Fullerton volunteering for a fundraiser on a 103-degree-Fahrenheit day in October,

Danielle Rosales, a member of Ballet Folklorico de CSUF, dances on stage at the Soy Yo Festival in traditional folklorico attire.

Soy Yo Festival educates students on Latinx community

Tamales, pupusas, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos with warm nacho cheese sauce and creamy horchata — who wouldn’t be hungry with

Computer screens with mouths and expletives written.

Rise in hate speech online alters algorithm data

There needs to be more laws and regulations that bar the use of online hate speech, making it a