Donald Trump is blind to the violence that his rallies incite

Donald Trump has cast an ignorant light on the recent altercations by minimizing them as nothing more than “little disruptions.” His lack of leadership on the matter does not represent how a presidential candidate should handle the situation. (Courtesy of The New York Times)
Donald Trump has cast an ignorant light on the recent altercations by minimizing them as nothing more than “little disruptions.” His lack of leadership on the matter does not represent how a presidential candidate should handle the situation.
(Courtesy of The New York Times)

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump has called his rallies a “love fest,” denying recent altercations at his rallies and insisting that no one has been hurt.

“Donald Trump is literally inciting violence with his supporters,” Sen. Bernie Sanders said.

“He’s saying, ‘If you go out and beat somebody up, that’s okay, I’ll pay the legal fees.’ That’s an outrage and I hope Mr. Trump tones it down big time.”

Sanders set Trump straight. This will hopefully be a wake-up call for the GOP frontrunner, and with any luck he can realize what he is advocating. Trump is promoting violence behind his facade of peace.

Trump is unable to distinguish what can be said from what should remain unspoken, such as his absurd remark about a protestor when he said, “I’d like to punch him in the face.”

On Monday, while campaigning in North Carolina, the multi-billionaire candidate referred to a physical altercation at one of his recent rallies in Ohio as “a little disruption,” blaming the altercation on supporters of democratic candidates Hillary Clinton and Sanders.

This is Trump’s haphazard attempt to slander the Democratic candidates and make himself look like the good guy.

Both Democratic candidates received the chance to fire back and set Trump straight during the Ohio Democratic Town Hall held Sunday.

“I hate to say this, because I hate to disparage public officials, but Donald Trump is a pathological liar,” Sanders said.

Later, Sanders commented on Trump’s offer to pay legal support for an older man who was charged with assault after the man elbowed a young protester who was being escorted out of the venue.

Clinton, the leading Democratic candidate, also commented on Trump’s behavior regarding his ownership of the violent outbreak as “political arson.”

Trump continues to deny that the violence at his rallies is anything to worry about.

“You know how many people have been hurt at our rallies? I think like, basically none, other than I guess maybe somebody got hit once or something. But there’s no violence,” Trump said to Time magazine.

Trump needs to own up to the actions that have transpired and try to act in a way that justifies his stance on peaceful assembly. Then the so-called “love fest” campaign can be backed up by actions, instead of his empty words.

The fact that Trump condones this violent behavior is the reason he cannot be trusted. The first prerequisite for running a country should be the ability to recognize a problem, like a supporter assaulting another person on baseless accusations.

“The next time we see him, we might have to kill him. We don’t know who he is. He might be with a terrorist organization,” said John Franklin McGraw, a Trump supporter who assaulted a protester at a rally.

This type of bigoted thinking is only a reflection of the bigot it follows. And with that, Trump should open his eyes and realize that his followers are not acting appropriately at rallies that are meant to express support not assault.

This is a photo of a girl who is talking in a microphone to an audience.

Purple Tea Party fundraiser raises awareness on epilepsy

With a personal connection to epilepsy, the current high school Miss California, Grace Edwards, created Talent for Epilepsy, a

One commentOn Donald Trump is blind to the violence that his rallies incite