The public sentiment toward Trump supporters are misleading and unfair

Donald Trump’s platform has recently been resonating with white supremacists, wrongly blanketing the rest of his supporters with an unwanted label.

The 69-year-old Republican frontrunner recently gained support from a less-than-desirable organization, the White Nationalist Political Party (WNPP).

William Daniel Johnson, chairman of the WNPP, established the American National Super PAC with the intent to support the billionaire candidate.

The support from the white supremacy group has unfairly branded other Trump supporters as fellow white supremacists, and this is because of the way Trump runs his campaign: reviving outdated politics, favoring the white majority over non-white citizens.

The main issue that first sparked the interest of the white supremacists was his immigration policy.

Trump’s stance on illegal immigration includes making Mexico pay for a revamped wall to reinforce the United States’ southern border, improving and enforcing stricter laws and increasing security for the citizens.

His position aligns with the beliefs of white supremacists. With Trump supporting similar policies that white supremacists seem to advocate, Johnson and his supporters have jumped onto the Trump bandwagon.

To further support the Trump campaign in Iowa, the super PAC enlisted Jared Taylor, creator of the New Century Foundation, a white supremacist think tank, to voice the robocall campaign, an initiative to call voters on behalf of the Trump campaign en masse.

The automated voice message from Taylor said, “(Trump) is the one candidate who points out that we should accept immigrants who are good for America. We don’t need Muslims. We need smart, well-educated white people who will assimilate to our culture. Vote Trump.”

During a CNN interview, Trump responded to the robocall incident, saying, “I would disavow that, but I will tell you people are extremely angry.”

Trump implies he has no affiliation with the PAC, would not have approved of it and does not want to be involved with the white supremacists since it would only bring him a massive decline in popularity.

White supremacists are known to harbor racist ideals, basically supporting white superiority over non-white groups.

To think that all Trump supporters are white supremacists is ignorant; not everyone supporting Trump is white. According to an Economist/YouGov Poll, there is strong support from a wide spectrum of people who would prefer Trump to be the Republican nominee. In that same poll, 31 percent of whites, 12 percent of blacks, 11 percent of Hispanics and 21 percent who classify as “other” would like to see the billionaire as the Republican representative.

Analysis suggests that Trump holds a nominal lead among the Republican respondents who are Hispanic, according to Civis Analytics.

Trump’s stances may express a similar interest with those in the white supremacy groups, but it should not create false labels for the rest of his supporters. Although there are white supremacists who support Trump, it does not mean that all of his supporters are in favor of the same unjustified ideology.

This is a photo of a girl who is talking in a microphone to an audience.

Purple Tea Party fundraiser raises awareness on epilepsy

With a personal connection to epilepsy, the current high school Miss California, Grace Edwards, created Talent for Epilepsy, a

One commentOn The public sentiment toward Trump supporters are misleading and unfair

• I have spent much of my life challenging white supremacy groups.
    Political comments on managing the challenge of illegal aliens and foreign groups may be controversial, but they are not “white supremacy.”
    There is a BIG difference here.
    In a way, I am glad that so few people have actually had to really deal with “white supremacy” that they are unaware of this difference.
    But certainly, these political issues are not the basis for white supremacy ideology which is based on white racial superiority and goal to make all non-white races socially and legally as non-citizens, even as non-human beings.