Virtual reality makes for a more productive workplace

Though mass development into virtual reality (VR) is still in its infancy, as the industry is projected to reach a billion dollars in 2016 and major companies barely releasing retail headsets in the last year, the technology is already showing the promise to go beyond entertainment.

Virtual reality can open audiences’ eyes to new experiences and methods of rehabilitation or education.

VR’s capabilities make it a worthy technology to heavily invest in. To reiterate, it is a field that requires more time to improve, but there first needs to be a stronger push in research and development, either by private industries or government entities, to make the product more feasible.

VR headsets have already proven their ability to encapsulate audiences in worlds or situations far away from their own, allowing users to forget about the reality they’re in.

The ability to simulate situations or scenarios can greatly improve occupational training in a variety of ways.
VR technology is being used in the Army for training new soldiers.

“The Army is responsible to provide realistic training for individual soldiers while mitigating risk. With emerging technology of the virtual world, this is becoming a reality,” said Maj. Loren Bymer on the United States Army’s official website.

Palmer Luckey, the founder of VR headset company Oculus, had the idea to help those who returned from service with post-traumatic stress disorder.

“It can make a significant difference in people’s lives,” Luckey said.

This type of rehabilitation was impossible until now.

Another way VR will be helpful in the future includes virtual tours that allow buyers and renters to walk through the house or apartment they’re potentially committing to.

Another venue that VR will benefit is the medical field. From simulating surgeries to remotely attending operating rooms during a real surgery, VR can give a medical students access to a new level of interaction.

Simulations are becoming more hands-on, so much so that digital and electronic development companies such as DTE Energy and Vectorform are using VR to allow potential employees to sample jobs and see if it fits their liking.

These kind of companies are hoping that by using virtual reality to simulate on-site job demands it will help workers to get used to the typical environment. Furthermore, it works to the employees benefit as a test run to see if they are suitable for the job, according to the Detroit Free Press.

VR can create ample opportunities to improve industries by providing state-of-the-art training and simulations. VR will revolutionize the workforce if it is provided with serious resources to grow.

CSUF baseball faced the TCU Horned Frogs to kick off the MLB4 Tournament in Scottsdale, Arizona

CSUF baseball topples TCU in MLB4 tournament opener

In MLB’s inaugural game of the MLB4 Tournament, Cal State Fullerton baseball kept Texas Christian University at bay behind