Two students stabbed at fraternity party

The Pi Kappa Phi house on Teri Place was the site of the stabbing. (Megan Maxey / Daily Titan)
The Pi Kappa Phi house on Teri Place was the site of the stabbing.
(Megan Maxey / Daily Titan)

Two students were stabbed during a party at the Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity house on Teri Place just before 1 a.m., on Sunday morning, according to a timely warning email sent out by campus police.

One of the victims was stabbed in the chest while the other was stabbed in the arm according to Cal State Fullerton Police Captain and Public Information Officer Scot Willey.

Neither wound was life threatening and both students have since been released from the hospital.

“All we heard was that there was an altercation in the alleyway,” added Willey.

Emergency management sent out an email stating, “Two possible suspects fled southbound on foot and were not seen again. The first suspect was described by witnesses as the following: Male, Hispanic, early 20’s, around 5’10”, 160- 175 pounds, light blue Yankee’s style baseball cap, black t-shirt and black pants. The second suspect was only described as a male, with no other details.” Willey confirmed the information in the email.

Multiple members of Pi Kappa Phi declined to comment. An Interfraternity Council member, who declined to be identified, was at a house near the altercation but refused to comment.

Pi Kappa Phi brothers tried to control the chaos by escorting everyone out of the house, said Jezelle Escobar, a freshman present at the party.

According to Escobar, partygoers ran out of the house upon seeing cops. Some were crowding around the victim’s body but were told to back away by fraternity brothers.

“They were trying to help, but I guess they had already called 911. But people were still calling 911,” Escobar said.

The first weekend people move into the dorms the parties get larger, said Willey. He added they were particularly large this semester.

“It was a pretty wild weekend, there was a lot of stuff going on the last three nights over there,” Willey said.

Students with any information are encouraged to contact CSUF police or Fullerton police department directly at 714-738-6800 and refer to their case number: 16-55595.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science