Fullerton cafés offer study space

In Arts & Entertainment, Food

As a college student, having a place to study that encourages productivity over procrastination can be hard to find, but they’re out there. Depending on personal taste, the city of Fullerton has many cafes to fit almost anyone’s preference.

There are cafes open late, some with free Wi-Fi and even some offering a of food. One can even find a cafe to meet his or her studying needs within the following suggestions. These cafes may be just what some students’ studying need.

Dripp, on the corner of Harbor Boulevard and Chapman Avenue, is one of the newer coffee shops residing in downtown Fullerton. Though some Yelp reviewers think it’s overpriced, that can be easily forgiven by those who prefer high quality coffee and espresso. They have a large outside patio with many tables as well as a good amount of lighting for study groups. They offer free Wi-Fi and are open until midnight, but one thing to watch out for is the shortage of outlets to plug in electronics.

The Night Owl, located two blocks south from Dripp on Harbor Boulevard and Amerige Avenue, has been a staple in the cafe/coffee scene in Fullerton since 2011 and widely known for the live entertainment. Although this place is fairly small and dimly lit compared to Dripp, it offers plenty of coffee and tea drinks to choose from. The blueberry muffin latte might be a popular reason to visit the The Night Owl, but being open until midnight is usually what appeals to many diligent college students.

Tea lovers can steep in the aroma that embodies Tranquil Tea Lounge as this place offers an extensive list of loose-leaf teas and a delicious food menu. Unfortunately, they no longer provide free Wi-Fi due to technical issues, but those who prefer tea over coffee can still study while sipping on their exotic options. Also, take advantage of the Tranquil Tea Trio special: One choice of tea (hot or iced), a half sandwich and a half salad for just $11.

Veronese Gallery Cafe might be the least favorable option, according to Yelp reviewers, but this Korean-inspired tearoom offers both an assortment of coffee and tea. It also serves alcohol and food and if a quiet and quaint ambiance is a priority for one’s studying needs, this is an ideal place to go. The back patio includes many tables to accommodate small to large study groups, all seemingly situated in their own private areas making it ideal for a long night of studying. Veronese Gallery Cafe is also until midnight.

Green Bliss is located on Wilshire Boulevard directly across the street from neighboring cafe, Tranquil Tea Lounge. What makes this place special is its mission to preserve Mother Earth by practicing sustainability with buying local, composting and using recyclable to-go ware. The cafe’s vegetarian and organic food menu has some of the best vegan dishes in the city and its seasonal butterbeer latte is a must-try. It closes at 7 p.m., which is fairly early compared to the other cafes, making Green Bliss ideal for students looking for a morning place.

Although Coffee Code might be the furthest from downtown Fullerton, it’s a coffee shop worth visiting. It’s a smaller location than the original in Buena Park, but the quality of coffee is still consistent in Fullerton. It does offer free Wi-Fi, but there’s only one outlet customers can use to charge their devices, which is near a two-person table that is almost always in use. It may not be ideal for using electronics but customers can still enjoy one of Fullerton’s best iced vanilla lattes.

Last but not least, located on Commonwealth and Chapman Avenues, is 85 Degrees, a Taiwanese, self-serve bakery and coffee shop. Considering that it’s located conveniently close to Cal State Fullerton, it can be hard to find a table at this place. However, cheap pastries, coffee and free Wi-Fi is always a plus for many college students looking for a good deal.

Given that Fullerton is full of students of all ages flocking to local destinations, it only seems fitting for the city to welcome everyone’s studying needs. Of course, there are many other cafes students can take advantage of but these are good places to start for those in need of worthy suggestions. Happy studying!

From left to right, Randy Ear, Julia Kong, Milan Le and Lauryn Dang represented Asian clubs at the Q&A panel.

‘Bao’ teaches us the importance of cultural identity and family

A discussion on cultural identity and food was presented at the Diversity Initiatives and Resource Center’s “Bao: Expression of

A photo of Stormtroopers from the 501st Legion in front of the Anaheim Central Library.

AnaCon: Comics and Sci-Fi convention brings ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Harry Potter’ to life

Stormtroopers walked beside proton-blasing Ghostbusters, but weren’t catching ghosts or fighting the Rebels — they posed for photos alongside

Hank LoForte at the plate for CSUF baseball

CSUF baseball drops midweek matchup against San Diego

A five-run second inning was all the University of San Diego baseball team needed to win as they defeated