Martina Edberg atop standings after day one of Memphis Women’s Intercollegiate

Martina Edberg led the pack for Cal State Fullerton women’s golf during the first two rounds of the Memphis Women’s Intercollegiate Monday. The tournament was the team’s last of the fall season.

Edberg ended day one in first place, setting herself up for her third first place finish in the last four tournaments. Murray State’s Moa Folke was the next-best competitor, ending the day three strokes behind Edberg.

Edberg took third place her last time out on the links, shooting 1-under at the Pat Lesser Harbottle Invitational. Just like in the Memphis Intercollegiate, Edberg ended day one of that tournament in first place as well.
As a team, the Titans finished the day in sixth place out of 13.

Round 1
Edberg was the only Titan to finish the first round under par, shooting a 2-under 69 with five birdies.

Pauline Welker and Daniella Uy did not start out as strong in the first round, both shooting an 8-over par 79. Elsa Lundquist finished Round 1 at 7-over 78, while Felicia Medalla was sunk by three double bogeys and seven bogeys, finishing last among Titans at 13-over.

Round 2
The team’s second round performance dropped them a bit in the standings. Edberg shot a double bogey on the back nine to put her over par, but still finished first over Folke.

Meanwhile, Welker posted the second-best score in the round for the Titans by finishing 7-over par. Lundquist and Uy did not improve in the round, both finishing nine strokes over par.

Medalla’s 11-over 71 second round did nothing to help her cause, dropping her to 24-over on the day.

The Titans will have the opportunity to improve and close out the fall season strong in the third round of the Memphis tournament Tuesday.