Trump train crashes and burns during final presidential debate

In light of the recent sexual assault allegations made against Donald J. Trump, the Republican nominee was noticeably on his best behavior for the third and final presidential debate. At times, he could be seen physically stopping himself from interrupting his opponent, Hillary Clinton, and at one point, he even mouthed the word “wrong” instead of shouting it out.

Trump’s restraint didn’t actually last more than 40 minutes, and while Clinton’s frustration and nerves were showing before Trump cracked, she still managed to win the debate by avoiding name-calling tactics and by displaying her clear and well thought-out policies.

In the beginning, Clinton was the one who kept talking over the moderator, Chris Wallace, and unfairly dominating the conversation during topic discussions, even after being warned by the moderator.

“Secretary Clinton, respectfully, this is–this is an open discussion,” Wallace quipped.

Surprisingly, Wallace was the breakout star of this debate, asserting his control with critical and engaging questions, real-time fact checking and keeping the two candidates miraculously on course by steering away from any chaotic arguing.

On hot topics such as gun laws, Trump complained that the Second Amendment is under “absolute siege,” while Clinton calmly explained, as if to a toddler, that although she supports the Second Amendment, “reasonable regulation” would help reduce the incredibly high gun death rates.

In regards to abortion, Trump said, “I am pro-life and I will be appointing pro-life judges (into the Supreme Court),” a direct contradiction to his already laughable claim that “no one respects women more that (he does).” On the other hand, Clinton recognized that abortions are tough choices that women and families do not make lightly and said that she will “defend Planned Parenthood. (She) will defend Roe v. Wade and (she) will defend women’s rights to make their own healthcare decisions.”

When they got to subject of the economy and taxes, Clinton said that the government needs to be more involved in order to give “middle class families many more opportunities…when the middle-class thrives, America thrives.” Whereas Trump’s economic tax plan was analyzed by the Tax Policy Center, only to find that it would add $7.2 trillion to the national debt over the next decade.

Unfortunately, both candidates’ policies are still being overlooked because of the theatrics.

Trump certainly did better during this debate in comparison to the previous two–he actually answered questions and he kept his interruptions to a minimum–yet he still subscribed to heated character attacks, like shouting “You’re the puppet,” after Clinton said that Putin favors Trump because the Russian leader would be able to use him like a puppet.

These outbursts, while admittedly less in quantity during this debate than previous ones, are not an abnormal occurrence from Trump and point to his lack of control. He’s like a spoiled child suffering from Affluenza in how he has to have the final word, even if the word is irrelevant and illogical.

“She gave us ISIS as sure as you’re sitting there…The NAFTA deal signed by her husband is one of the worst deals ever made of any kind, signed by anybody…It is so sad when you see what’s happened (in Aleppo). And a lot of this is because of Hillary Clinton,” Trump said, taking every opportunity to place any blame that he could on Clinton.

Banking on calling trade deals sloppy and name dropping both John Podesta and Bernie Sanders, the Republican presidential candidate was clearly trying to pander to disenfranchised voters who can’t stand Clinton.

Trump claimed that Clinton has lied to the public “hundreds of times.” If this is true, she has managed to hide it well from the debate audiences.

While Clinton has a Politifact overall scorecard that leans heavily on the spectrum of true and mostly true, Trump’s Politifact scorecard hovers massively around false, mostly false and pants on fire. In fact, out of 116 analyzed statements, only 13 are actually true, while the remaining 103 are rated false.

Trump says that he “truly” doesn’t think that Clinton will win the election, and yet he continuously says that the election is rigged, and that the media is corrupt and has “poisoned the minds of voters.” He’s setting himself up so that it’s a win-win situation for him either way.

Clinton called him out on this, and pointed out the many times throughout his life that he has turned to claiming the establishment is “rigged” whenever he feels like things aren’t going his way. For example, when the FBI claimed the investigation against her emails had no case, when he lost the Iowa caucus and the Wisconsin primary, and when Trump University was sued.

“He said the FBI was rigged…He said the Republican primary was rigged against him…he claims the court system and the federal judge is rigged against him,” Clinton said.

This is not the person we want for president. A man who whines about “rigged” systems opposing him, lies about his past and sheds “crocodile tears,” as Clinton said, about jobs being sent to China. Trump himself has chosen Chinese over American products in the past.

Someone who insults women and doesn’t even realize it, thinks there’s nothing wrong with describing Mexican immigrants as “bad hombres,” and said that he’s going to leave America in “suspense” over whether or not he will accept the outcome of the election, has absolutely no place in government, let alone being in charge of it.

This last debate only reinforced the idea that come Nov. 8, America needs to vote in a way that will keep Trump out of office.