Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball gets its first win at UC Santa Barbara in eight years in a 79-53 victory

Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball used a big second half to fly past UCSB 79-53 for its second-straight win. The win ended a five-game losing streak to UCSB, and was the Titans first win in Santa Barbara since 2009.

The Titans outscored the Gauchos in both halves and led by as much as 33, with four of their five starters scoring in double-figures. CSUF leading scorer Tre’ Coggins continued to sizzle, pouring in 22 points while finding a nice rhythm from downtown, going 6-9 from three-point range.

Forward Jackson Rowe stuffed the box score with 11 points of his own to go with six rebounds, three assists, two steals, and a block. Fellow freshman Austen Awosika led the way off of the bench, scoring 12 points on a perfect 5-5 shooting.

No Gaucho scored more than Maxwell Kupchak’s 10 points, and UCSB shot 35.2 percent as a team while turning the ball over 12 times. Kupchak is the son of Los Angeles Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

The victory moves the Titans to 10-11 overall and 4-4 in Big West play, good for fifth place in the conference. Fullerton will hit the road for one more game on Wednesday, Feb. 8 when they travel to play at UC Davis before returning home to host Long Beach State on Saturday, Feb. 11 at Titan Gym.

This is a photo of a girl who is talking in a microphone to an audience.

Purple Tea Party fundraiser raises awareness on epilepsy

With a personal connection to epilepsy, the current high school Miss California, Grace Edwards, created Talent for Epilepsy, a