Cal State Fullerton tennis extends historic winning streak

The weather did not cool off the women’s tennis team as it swept UC Riverside in each of its matches to stay hot and push its overall record to 7-0; the best start in school history.

After an hour delay, the Titans began the day by claiming victories in doubles play. Seniors Camille De Leon and Alexis Valenzuela defeated the pair of Karla Dulay and Tracy Van from UC Riverside.

“We played really good. We came out strong and just finished it the way we wanted to,” Valenzuela said.

The duo and the other pairs on the Titans have not dropped a doubles point this season.

Head Coach Dianne Matias said the team was well prepared for the rainy forecast thanks to facing similar conditions during last week’s match.

The Titans were also able to handle business when it came to the single sets as they didn’t allow a single match to be won by the Highlanders.

“We set some goals for today’s match, and I felt like we accomplished them,” Coach Matias said.

The win gives Cal State Fullerton its first Big West Conference victory this season.

The Titans look to keep their win streak alive as they host Loyola Marymount Sunday at 11 a.m.

Dean turnover affects college continuity

The College of Communications had four different deans in the past five years, highlighting a turnover trend that is

Former speech therapist finds passion working in the special education department at Cal State Fullerton

Feeling unfulfilled in her job as a speech therapist, a phone call from an old colleague gave Lisa Alexander

Homeless in OC: Theriault House in Stanton gives OC families a home

This story has been updated and clarified on March 16, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.   Families who need emergency