Cal State Fullerton tennis extends historic winning streak

The weather did not cool off the women’s tennis team as it swept UC Riverside in each of its matches to stay hot and push its overall record to 7-0; the best start in school history.

After an hour delay, the Titans began the day by claiming victories in doubles play. Seniors Camille De Leon and Alexis Valenzuela defeated the pair of Karla Dulay and Tracy Van from UC Riverside.

“We played really good. We came out strong and just finished it the way we wanted to,” Valenzuela said.

The duo and the other pairs on the Titans have not dropped a doubles point this season.

Head Coach Dianne Matias said the team was well prepared for the rainy forecast thanks to facing similar conditions during last week’s match.

The Titans were also able to handle business when it came to the single sets as they didn’t allow a single match to be won by the Highlanders.

“We set some goals for today’s match, and I felt like we accomplished them,” Coach Matias said.

The win gives Cal State Fullerton its first Big West Conference victory this season.

The Titans look to keep their win streak alive as they host Loyola Marymount Sunday at 11 a.m.

Cal State Fullerton softball shuts out Houston 8-0

Fullerton – Big West Pitcher of the Week Kelsey Kessler pitched an 8-0 shutout to get a win in five

Cal State Fullerton lecturer suspended after altercation with College Republicans club during protest

(Jason Rochlin / Sarah Wolstoncroft) A Cal State Fullerton lecturer has been suspended for striking a student during a

CSU Chancellor Timothy White addresses policies on federal immigration laws in memorandum

(Hayley M. Slye / Micah Augimeri-Lee) CSU Chancellor Timothy White issued a memorandum Wednesday that read “unless otherwise required