Cal State Fullerton tennis extends historic winning streak

The weather did not cool off the women’s tennis team as it swept UC Riverside in each of its matches to stay hot and push its overall record to 7-0; the best start in school history.

After an hour delay, the Titans began the day by claiming victories in doubles play. Seniors Camille De Leon and Alexis Valenzuela defeated the pair of Karla Dulay and Tracy Van from UC Riverside.

“We played really good. We came out strong and just finished it the way we wanted to,” Valenzuela said.

The duo and the other pairs on the Titans have not dropped a doubles point this season.

Head Coach Dianne Matias said the team was well prepared for the rainy forecast thanks to facing similar conditions during last week’s match.

The Titans were also able to handle business when it came to the single sets as they didn’t allow a single match to be won by the Highlanders.

“We set some goals for today’s match, and I felt like we accomplished them,” Coach Matias said.

The win gives Cal State Fullerton its first Big West Conference victory this season.

The Titans look to keep their win streak alive as they host Loyola Marymount Sunday at 11 a.m.

A white outline of the Pollak Library against a red backdrop

Former CSUF library dean Clem Guthro alleges university made false claims and misrepresented facts behind his firing

Former library dean Clem Guthro said Cal State Fullerton fired him without warning and berated him for holding up

Titans baseball team celebrate

CSUF baseball wins series, crushes Hawaii 8-0 at home on Sunday

After second baseman Hank LoForte predicted that Cal State Fullerton baseball would come out “on fire” following Saturday night’s

Champ, a black and white medium sized dogs, poses in his wheelchair

Barks of Love is bringing back Bark Bash to give dogs another chance at finding a home

Although the number of animals euthanized in shelters has decreased from 2011, 1.5 million cats and dogs are euthanized