Martina Edberg shines, but Cal State Fullerton women’s golf struggles in Bruin Wave Invitational

(Matt Brown / Cal State Fullerton Sports Media)

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf was unable to drive its way to victory in the Bruin Wave Invitational Tuesday. Despite another superlative performance from Martina Edberg, the Titans (74-over par 950) placed 11th out of 15 teams.

The Titans were in 11th place midway through the second round of the tournament when play was halted due to darkness Monday. Although the team failed to improve, the Titans managed not to lose ground over the rest of the second and third rounds.

The second round of the tournament was the Titans’ best. The roster finished with a combined score of 313 before falling off with a score of 318 in the third and final round.

Edberg (1-over par 220) finished second overall in the tournament, moving up from third place when play ended Monday. The tournament was the sixth straight in which Edberg has finished within the top-five participants.

The rest of the Titans couldn’t keep up, with Elsa Lundquist (21-over par) having the next-best Fullerton score. Lundquist’s third round was her best of the tournament as her score of 76 powered her to a tie for 48th place.

CSUF’s Pauline Welker (29-over par), Lou Daniella Uy (29-over par) and Brittany Farrell (37-over par) all failed to finish inside the top 60 players in the tournament.

Fullerton will next tee off in the Fresno State Classic at the San Joaquin Country Club in Fresno, California on March 13.

A recycling center for used batteries located in the Titan Student Union.

Cal State Fullerton collects used batteries for recycling

Cal State Fullerton has a system for the collection of batteries, which are processed and then taken to a

How to get your snow during this Californian winter break

Here in Southern California, winter weather mostly consists of gloomy clouds and the occasional rain shower, but with a

Maricsa Segundo holds her daughter, Caroline, at the beach

CSUF student comes out of postpartum depression stronger

Maricsa Secundo, a MAC makeup artist and biology major at Cal State Fullerton, was thrilled to finally find out