Annual Honor an Educator awards dinner and ceremony to recognize and pay tribute to educational partners

Six educators will be honored Sunday in the TSU during the Honor an Educator awards.

The 12th annual commencement is a signature event hosted by CSUF College of Education, said Barbara Caganich, CSUF College of Education director of development.

“Think about your own experience–your own educational experience. There are so many teachers who dedicate their lives to helping and teaching others, and yet, they are so often unrecognized,” Caganich said.

Caganich said the event was partly funded by three different sponsorships, including Teacher Created Materials, a program that creates “materials by teachers for teachers and students,” according to its official website.

Since then, the program’s purpose has always been to pay tribute to educators “who have made a difference in the lives of others” and to raise funds for scholarships that will be awarded to current College of Education students, according to its website.

The honorees will be given a certificate on stage by the Dean of the College of Education Lisa Kirtman. Caganich said this is Kirtman’s first year as dean and “she is just thrilled to continue the legacy of (the) event honoring educators.”

“This is just one small way for us to recognize just some of the most incredible individuals and educational partners,” Caganich said.

The Honor an Educator dinner and ceremony will be held in the Titan Student Union Pavilion Sunday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science